Monday, April 15, 2013

It takes courage.

True living takes courage. Real, hard courage. I'm learning that now, more than ever. For me, talking to strangers takes a lot of courage, and so does taking pictures in a busy park. 


Discipline takes courage. Am I courageous enough to tell myself "no?" Do I have faith in my own integrity?


Honesty takes courage, and so does recognizing truth. I am 27. I am scared and unsure, confident at times, and relentless. I am a spectrum. My space is as wide as the bridge between fear and recklessness.


I made a commitment to myself a long time ago. Fear may be my enemy, but determination is my lifetime friend. Perhaps that's been my courage all along. 

I like that: my courage.  

Where does your courage lie? Mine rests in many passions, singing, writing, creating, but at their core is the will to never let them go. I am determined to keep them with me, and that determination gives me courage to live with conviction. There is always a pressing in my stomach, a reminder to continue, to build and create, and walk on a road with no visible destination. When fear attacks, perhaps this is my sword.


Cardigan - Thrifted
Shirt - Brooklyn Exchange
Pants - H&M
Socks - Uniqlo
Shoes - Urban Jungle

1 comment:

  1. My courage comes from my family and friends, it is they who give me that little push, and it is telling them what I have done that makes my experiences real.

    ReplyDelete